'

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Shopping For A Baby

I always thought that shopping for Brianna would be a breeze. We would get her lots and lots of toys and things she needs, and then she could enjoy ripping off the wrapping (with our help) on Christmas morning. Well, it doesn't appear that shopping for her this year is turning out to be all that easy.

First off, my parents are both first time grandparents. They have both expressed their desire to purchase each and every age appropriate toy out there for her, which leaves us with very few options ourselves.

Secondly, this is the first grand daughter in Clint's family (his brother has 3 boys, and Clint is one of 3 boys), so grandma and grandpa want to buy her lots of pink and purple goodies.

Thirdly, did I mention they all live on the other side of the country. They haven't been around to see her on a regular basis so when they shop, the sort of over do it. I just hope that they get it all out of their system now, I really don't want her to expect this sort of treatment when she is older and think that she can get whatever she wants from her grandparents.

We really hope to get her items that she can use both now and into the future. I would hate to buy things that will only keep her attention for a month or so. So if you have any ideas or tips, please feel free to share them with me. I could really use some help! Thanks.

No comments: