'

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Packing the Hospital Bag

So far, I haven't put too much thought into what I should pack for the hospital bag. I realize that most things that you think you will need, won't even get touched and some things you wouldn't even think of needing, will be what you need the most.

I have put together a list of the basics that I think I will be good with, but if there is anything I am missing please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

- warm ankle socks with rubber bottoms
- a robe
- 2 nursing tanks
- nursing pads
- nipple cream
- glasses
- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shower poof, body cream, razor, hair brush, headband, hair elastics, makeup bag
- camera and memory card with pack of extra batteries
- cell phones and chargers
- change for vending machine
- 2 bath towels
- extra pillow
- possible going home outfit, but will probably wear what I go in wearing home as well
- separate bag with Clint's stuff that he will need including the list of people we will need to call after baby arrives

I thought about adding my hair dryer and straightener but who knows how much energy I will have after giving birth. I just don't want to be lugging any extra stuff around if it isn't necessary.

The baby's diaper bag will be stocked full even though the hospital will be supplying us with diapers and creams and ointments for the time we are there and to take home with us. I just don't want to be short or missing anything for our little princess. I have picked out her take home outfit...I know, not necessary again as she will be covered up in a blanket in her car seat, but it is important to me :)

No comments: