'

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Shower #1

On Monday the wonderful ladies that I work with threw me a baby shower. There was delicious food and cake and sparkling grape juice. All the women who have babies themselves brought them along and it was so nice to see those little cute boys growing up so quickly. The oldest is 17 months and the youngest was just under 4 months old. It's crazy how fast time flies by, I remember when all these ladies were just pregnant and now their little boys are growing up!

I got lots of cute little outfits for our princess, as well as some much needed borrowed items. The one lady is lending us her Baby Bjorn which is great as I really wanted one but couldn't see myself spending over $75 on something that will only last until the baby is about 25 lbs. The other lady lent me her portable bassinet/changing table which is in absolutely perfect condition. I am excited for this one as I can use it in the living room until we buy/are given our pack 'n play. I also got some gift certificates for the baby boutique here in town as well as some baby care items.

I was really surprised by the generosity of these ladies, it was a great time and I truly do miss working with them every day. It will be nice to have this built in support system for when I have Brianna, I can ask them anything and they can give me answers to my questions.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures at the shower, I was too busy talking and playing with the little babies. My next shower is on the 9th and it is one my friends are throwing. I will take lots of pictures at that one and post them afterwards!

No comments: