'

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1 Month!

Today is Brianna's 1 month. I cannot believe I have had my wonderful outside baby for this long already, I really don't like how fast the days go bye. I wish she could be small like this forever, I love our cuddles and afternoon naps!

We don't have a doctor's appointment for her until she turns 6 weeks so when we had her weighed last Thursday she was weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 5oz already!! She is getting her fair share of breastmilk! I couldn't believe how much she had gained in such a short time. She is also measuring at 23.5 inches, already grown a whole inch and a half! She fits all of her 0-3 month clothing, some newborn size clothing as well as some 3-6 month stuff too...but I believe that is just because they are small for their sizing. I have no idea where she is getting this all from, both myself and Clint are average height and size, as well as our families.

Brianna has started her own schedule, she naps/sleeps at the same times every day which is quite convenient for me to get what I need to get done. She takes her last feeding at around 11-11:30 then sleeps until around 3-4, feeds and sleeps again until about 7am when we wake up for the day. I love that she only wakes the one time a night, I really love my sleep and apparently so does she.

We do tummy time every day, and for the most part it is while she in on my tummy/chest. She doesn't mind it at all, she loves to look around and see what's going on. She is such a curious little girl. Since day 1 she has had tremendous neck strength and has been able to hold her head up for anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds. She loves being on me, when we first came home from the hospital she would only sleep on my chest, and this included night time which I did not like. She's a little oven and would sweat on me like crazy, waking up practically in a puddle! I wear her every chance I get when doing housework or when we are out, no stroller yet. We have the Sleepy Wrap and Baby Bjorn.

Brianna smiled for the very first time without it being a gas smile on Mother's Day, best gift ever! She has smiled here and there since then, nothing consistent yet but oh so wonderful when it does happen. She still doesn't really cry, unless of course she is starving and I am changing her diaper before the feeding. She used to cry a little when we bathed her but she doesn't cry during baths anymore thank goodness. Brianna has the cutest cry ever, I sort of find it pathetic, she's just so small and it's not too loud or anything. And her little lip quivers too, so cute!

We hope to get her sleeping in her bassinet at night more, the last couple nights she has started there after her 11pm feeding and come into our bed after the 3 am one. I love having her in bed with us, but sometimes I like my space and so does Clint. She's only taken 1 nap in her crib, hopefully this changes as well after all the money we spent on her nursery! She sleeps just like her daddy, sprawled out and grunts and snorts, it is really funny to see.

So I think this has been a long enough post. I will leave you with some cute pictures of my princess.




No comments: