'

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cloth Diapering

For those who know me IRL, I am far from being a crunchy momma. Brianna however, has made it nearly impossible for me to diaper her in disposables. We tried Huggies at the very beginning and she didn't fit those properly leading to multiple nasty blowouts. Next came Pampers, they worked for a while in the newborn size and then once we had to go up to size 1's, blowouts again! She must be the only baby I know who gets blowouts out the front and not the back.

Yesterday was the last straw. She blew out of the diaper from all angles. There was poop up the front of her shirt, the back, down the sides of her legs...it was HORRIBLE! She had just been changed 3 minutes earlier so I know she was sitting in it long but OMG, it was bad. We bathed her immediately. This has all lead to me looking into cloth diapers and from what I have seen and read, it sounds so much better than what I thought it would be. I had no idea they came in such adorable styles! I'm pretty sure I have found a new way to entertain my spending needs lol.

Clint and I have decided to go ahead and try out a couple of the AppleCheeks Diapers, AMP Diapers (both of which are made in Canada), Baby Kangas, Fuzzi Bunz and GroVia. From there we will decide what we like the most and stock up on those. To be honest, I am a little concerned about the initial cost but long term savings will be worth it. And to think, all those disposables end up in landfills and sit there forever. This will help the environment and when Brianna is all done with them, we can sell them and get back part of the money we put out. Sounds like a great deal if it means less blowouts and only once a day baths instead of 3 or 4 baths a day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: