'

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3 Months (& 1 Day) Old

How can my little princess already be a whole 3 months old??? It just seems so crazy to me how fast the time goes! I remember the day we brought her home and how small she was and how clueless we were. I finally feel like we are getting the hang of being parents. Finally! I grow more and more in love with her every day and am excited to see what the future holds for her.
  • We have finally settled her into her nightime routine. She gets her bath at 7:30, I put her in her pj's and then we cuddle. I give her either a bottle or breastfeed, depending on what she feels like and then goes down for the night.
  • She is sleeping from 8:30ish - 7:30am. Most nights she wakes up at 3am still for that nighttime feed but she is so sleepy she hardly wakes then falls right back to sleep no problem. The last few nights however she has been waking to feed at 11pm, 4am, 5am, 6am and then 7ish for the day. She also is refusing to take daytime naps, so not fun! I hope this phases passes. 3 month growth spurt, perhaps?
  • She coos and squeals all the time. It is very rare that when she is awake and either Clint or I are talking to her that she isn't telling us something herself. I believe she loves the sound of her own voice haha
  • Spends most of her time (awake and sleeping) on her tummy. She loves to be able to see what is going on around her. She can hold her head up at 90degrees and has no problem holding it there. She has also decided this is the most comfortable way for her to sleep most times.
  • She is a rolling machine! This girl can roll like the best of them. As soon as I put her down on the floor she rolls over. She can do tummy to back and back to tummy. We can't leave her on the couch for even a second now, she will roll right off.
  • She is wearing mostly 3-6 outfits as that is what I had for summer but can still fit in most of her 0-3 month clothes and a couple newborn pants, weird.
  • She weighs a little over 15lbs and is just under 25 inches long! My baby is growing like a weed!
  • She loves to stand when you hold her up from the armpits. She straightens out her legs and holds most of her weight while she takes steps up your chest. It is so cute to see her smile when she realizes she is "walking" up your chest.
  • On Sunday she let out her very first laugh. It was one of the best sounds ever :)
  • Also, she chews on everything and anything, and she's a drooling machine. Whatever she is wearing becomes drenched very quickly from all her drool. I am debating getting her that Sophie the Giraffe, she still isn't amazing at holding onto anything other than blankets right now.
In mommy news, I went to the doctor and talked about how I had been feeling lately and apparently I have PPD. He says with my anxiety and the way I have been isolating myself from everyone, including the husband, I am most definitely suffering from it. He wrote me a prescription for some anti depressants and I have a follow up appointment next week. I haven't taken any yet though as I read on the internet that it can pass through breastmilk and I don't want it affecting Bri. We will see what he says next week.

Also, breastfeeding isn't going so great anymore. I spend more time pumping or feeding her formula than having her at the breast. She hates the summer heat and when it is too hot she refuses to nurse. She's fine in the morning and at night when it is cooler in the house but forget the middle of the day. Hopefully this too shall pass, I really don't want to stop breastfeeding her.










No comments: